If you are aware of any events that may be of interest to Bold Legal Group members, you are welcome to submit details of the event to us. Please note that events are published at our discretion and we reserve the right not to publicise the events unless submitted by sponsors or affiliate members.
Navigating the complexities of the Building Safety Act, which has changed the nature of conveyancing for flats, can be challenging.
Richard Snape, Head of Legal Training, Davitt Jones Bould, will join us to look at some of the key issues and other recent statutory changes. Topics covered include:
• Building Safety Act 2022 and changes to building regulations;
• Leaseholder protections: problems with qualifying leaseholders, landlord’s certificates and leaseholder deeds of certificate;
• Changes to lease extensions as of December 26th 2023;
• Higher-risk buildings and registration by October 1st 2023;
• Higher-risk buildings requirements as of April 2024;
• The Fire Safety Act 2021;
• Changes to the Fire Safety Order 2005 as of October 1st 2023.